Article sponsored by: Olderiswiser Media
It pays to book early with P&O Cruises Vantage FaresPosted on: 21 December 2012 by 50connect Promotions
Fine dining, exotic destinations and great entertainment are the hallmark of P&O Cruises, writes Ali Renn
A cruise holiday provides you with the chance to explore some of the most exciting destinations in the world, whilst travelling in one of the most luxurious way possible. At P&O Cruises, we tailor our holidays to today’s British tastes, so not only will you be surrounded by all the comforts of home, you’ll also find a superb choice of sophisticated bars and restaurants on board too, including our speciality restaurants from Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar and restaurateur Marco Pierre White - the Glass House on board Azura has a wine menu created by wine expert Olly Smith too. We are also famous for our on board entertainment with our West-End style shows being renowned.
We want to give you the holiday of a lifetime every time you cruise with us and so we travel the globe taking you to the best the world has to offer; with roots going back 175 years, you can be sure that P&O Cruises knows how to make a cruise truly special. Each of the seven magnificent ships in our fleet provides a different type of holiday; enjoy a warm atmosphere and an intimate cruising experience on board Adonia for example, our smaller, exclusively for adults ship, or discover the fun of big ship cruising on board family-friendly Ventura, one of the largest ships in our fleet.
Our itineraries cover the world, so no matter when or where you want to sail, we are certain you’ll find a cruise to suit.
Not only that, we’ve also formed a number of exciting partnerships for 2013; Craig Revel Horwood and other famous faces from the popular BBC One series Strictly Come Dancing will be hosting seven themed cruises throughout the year and presenters from Classic FM will host our five Music Festivals at Sea cruises. In addition to this, Olly Smith, Marco Pierre White and Atul Kochhar are certain to deliver even more flavour to your holiday experience when they join us on board for a selection of Food and Wine themed cruises.
You can book your P&O Cruises holiday with confidence knowing that the Vantage Fare you pay will be covered by our Price Promise protection. This means that should we reduce the Vantage Fare for your cruise, then as long as the cabin type and terms and conditions are the same, we will automatically pass the value of the reduction on to you in the form of a complimentary benefit such as on board spending money or a cabin upgrade. If the fare for your holiday rises after you’ve made your booking, you’ll know that you’ve received great value by booking early, so both ways you win!
In addition to our Price Promise, Vantage Fares also include the following benefits:
- Your choice of cabin type, location and number and your choice of family and single cabins – these are subject to availability though, so the sooner you book, the more choice you will have.
- Access to Family and Share Saver reductions. Many of our cabins contain extra beds in the form of upper Pullman berths or sofa beds; if you’re travelling with children or teenagers on board Aurora, Azura, Oceana or Ventura, or in a group of three or four on board any of our ships, then you can reduce the cost of your holiday by utilising these extra beds – in some cases, child places are free. These saver options are only available with Vantage Fares, and the number of cabins available with extra beds is limited, so again, it pays to book early in order to take full advantage of this benefit.
- The flexibility to make amendments to, or even change your cruise entirely, up to 90 days before departure, subject to our booking terms and conditions.
Plus, if the cruise you’re booking is for 7 nights or more then you are also able to choose from one of the following benefits which are included in your Vantage Fare:
- On board spending money – At P&O Cruises, we operate a cash-free environment which means that any purchases you make on board are added to your on board account, you then settle your account at the end of your cruise. However, you can use on board spending money in any of our on board shops, restaurants and bars, or put it towards the cost of shore excursions purchased on board. The amount you receive will depend upon the duration of your cruise and it only applies to the first two passengers sharing a cabin - passengers on a 7 night cruise would receive £45 per person for example, whilst those on a 28 night cruise would receive £130 per person.
- Car parking – If your cruise is sailing roundtrip from Southampton then you may prefer to choose this benefit instead, as this allows you to leave your car in a secure car park at the Southampton port. This must be organised no less than 35 days prior to departure and applies to one car per booking.
- Coach transfers – Again, on cruises sailing roundtrip from Southampton, you could opt instead to enjoy a return coach transfer to the port for you and all the passengers under your booking. This service is run by Eavesway Travel and they have pick up points in a number of cities across the UK, just check the current brochure for more details.
- Airport parking – Finally, if you’re going on a Caribbean two way fly-cruises, you could opt to park one car in an offsite car park at your relevant airport. There will be a transfer between the car park and airport, usually every 15 minutes (although this may vary).
Reduced fares on offers for last minute cruises
Remember, the benefits I’ve just mentioned are only available with Vantage Fares, and offer extraordinary value; this is why it pays to book early. If, however, you want to seize the moment and book a last minute cruise, be sure to keep a check on our website as we do have some fantastic prices available with our Getaway Fares from time to time. Getaway Fares are generous reductions on selected cruises, which may be offered the closer the cruise gets to departure. With Getaway Fares you can choose a cabin grade but not the number (this will be allocated for you), and you need to keep in mind that Getaway Fares are not protected by our Price Promise - if you cancel your booking then 100% cancellation fee will apply too. However, as long as you’re happy to pay the full fare at the time of booking (a condition of booking under a Getaway Fare), then you could be seeing the world for less than you perhaps thought!
If you want to be the first to hear about the very latest Getaway Fares from P&O Cruises, then be sure to sign up to our mailing list to receive our weekly email too - visit http://www.pocruises.com/cruise-deals/ to find out more.
By Ali Renn
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
9 May 2014Explore the beautiful Island of Croti...
7 Mar 2014Discover Several Islands With Yacht C...
19 Feb 2014Tips For Sea Journey In Croatia